What the Satya Foundation Is Doing to Help
The Satya Foundation for Improving Public Discourse’s mission is to provide information that will support efforts to improve the quality and tone of conversations taking place around us. We were granted IRS 501(c)3 status as a foundation in order to not only provide the information for free, but to make certain that there were no financial interests in our work.
The Satya Foundation uses the most accurate sentiment analysis tool available to monitor people’s reactions to current events. We:
- Gather information on more topics and have better reach and more frequency across the populace.
- Track reach of opinions beyond social media by analyzing the entire Web presence of users
- Protect privacy by only using public information. We don’t want to know who is writing, only what they are feeling and thinking about current events.
- Accurately extract sentiment toward a wide range of topics with over 85% accuracy.
- Take into account the context of online conversations and a writer’s political leaning so comments, disagreements, and irony can be factored.
- Measure sentiment in dimensions such as trust/distrust, fear/ acceptance, showing a potential view of the writer’s intentions.
It is our intention to provide the results of our findings to the many organizations that are addressing public discourse issues, free of charge. We are also posting our results here for anyone interested in the most reliable information available.